The country’s longest-running international photographers’ conference!
Photo World Asia 2017 will be on January 26-31 in Makati, Philippines, the 31st edition of the international conference of photographers and photography trade show held under the auspices of the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation. This is the time of year when professional and hobby photographers compare notes, share experiences, and see what’s new in the industry.
There are two components of the event: the photography trade show at the Glorietta Ayala Malls will showcase the latest trends and products in the industry, with major camera manufacturers and suppliers attending, and the international photographers’ conference at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) where photographers can learn from each other’s experiences to improve their craft.
Chairman for Photo World Asia 2017 is Prof. Joey Tañedo, professor at the UP College of Fine Arts, FPPF instructor, and Visual Arts director at the National Commission for Culture and the Arts. Theme for the 2017 conference is: “Tell Your Stories Well with Better Photography”.
Photo World Asia 2017 is on Jan 26-31 at the Asian Institute of Management in Makati. Top photographers will speak at the convention and share their perspectives.
Be there to talk to them, exchange ideas, meet old friends and make new ones. PWA 2017 is the 31st edition of the annual event under the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation.
Register at the link below:
In line with the theme, here is the line-up of speakers and schedule of activities for Photo World Asia 2017, January 26-31 in Makati:
An independent TV and film director, producing his own TV shows and indie films. He runs his own D-SHEP TV and Film Productions creating film and video content for TV and the web. In 2011, he directed and produced a TV show about Photography called, “Camerageek TV”. Dan will share his expertise at Photo World Asia 2017, the annual international photographers’ conference hosted by FPPF. Learn how to produce videos using the DSLR and other equipment, plus valuable tips on video editing.
Rhonson Ng and Jojie Alcantara
Rhonson and Jojie have two things in common: Davao and photography. Both are accomplished award-winning photojournalists, with long lists of awards and published works between them, telling the story of Davao and Mindanao as only people with deep connections to the place can. They have produced works for television, books, magazines and newspapers. Rhonson and Jojie will deliver back-to-back lectures at Photo World Asia 2017.
An Award-winning photographer was raised in Brazil and Norway, and schooled in the USA and London (Royal Navy School), England. He obtained his university degree in Germany for visual communications and design. His combined text-and-photo-articles reach far over 160-million upmarket consumers worldwide, with published works in NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE, GEO, STERN, VOGUE, TIME, LIFE, NEWSWEEK, among other magazines. His works have been used on TV (CNN), for advertising, and for official US-postage stamps. His regular clients include worldwide tourism and communications ministries, and airline, automobile, photo, and tourism companies. Per-Andre's photographs have been exhibited in museums worldwide and his works on photography appear in specialist publications in over 50 countries. Hoffmann is a multiple brand ambassador for CANON and other companies.
Singaporean photographer has developed an art form that he calls Oil Painting Photography, a genre that shot him to international fame. He styles himself as a painter of light. Charlie's images dwell on the boundaries of fine art and photography.
In an age where digital manipulation has become ubiquitous, Charlie is a rebel. The key to his Oil Painting Photography is simplicity. Dimmed room, light torch, camera, action. In the hands of a master photographer, digital enhancement is minimal.
Charlie Lim was recently included by World Wide Art Books, publisher of the International Masters of Photography Volume II, a juried annual, invite-only art photography publication presenting noteworthy photographers from all over the world.
French photojournalist tells excellent stories with his photographs and with his books. He has traveled the world for over 40 years and documented its stories with passion, empathy, and dignity. In the late 1980s he moved to Cambodia, settled in the ancient city of Angkor, and documented its people and culture. Loviny has published several books, including “Danseuses Sacrees d'Angkor” (The Sacred Dancers of Angkor), “Aung San Suu Kyi: A Portrait in Words and Pictures”, “Che: The Photobiography of Che Guevara”, and “JFK: Remembering Jack”. Loviny will speak at Photo World Asia 2017 to share his experiences as photographer, and you will have a chance to interact with him personally at the photographers’ conference.
A veteran photojournalist of many wars and struggles. He covered the tumultuous Martial Law years in the Philippines, the communist insurgencies, the assassination of Ninoy Aquino, and Mindanao secessionist fights. He later joined Agence France Press and covered three US wars: the 1991 Gulf War, 2001 war in Afghanistan, and the 2003 invasion of Iraq. He also covered the Olympic Games from 1988 to 2004. Gacad has been nominated 3 times for his photographs of the 1988 Olympics, the 2001 Afghanistan war and the 2003 Iraq war. Pick the brain of the veteran war photographer when he speaks during Photo World Asia 2017. Attend the international photographers’ conference at the AIM.
Get a FREE Lowepro Adventura TLZ 30 when you buy a Tamron 17-50mm non-VC, 18-200mm VC or a 70-300mm non-VC during Photo World Asia 2017! Offer is exclusively from January 26 to 31, 2017 at the Glorietta Activity Center, during Photo World Asia 2017! What are you waiting for? Don't pass up this great deal! Grab a new Tamron lens this 2017!
FROM NIKON PHILIPPINESWe are excited to see all of you at the PHOTOWORLD ASIA 2017 to be held at the Glorietta Activity Center from January 26-31, 2017!
Visit the Nikon booth and win exclusive Nikon items! We're also offering FREE Membership for the Official Nikon Club and *FREE External Body cleaning* of your Nikon DSLR.
*First 15 customers on January 28 and 29.
Watch out for the Nikon Photoworld-exclusive freebies and promos for #KeyMission, #D3400, #D5600, #D500, #D5 and Coolpix cameras!
And don't forget to catch our NikonPros, Ted Madamba and Raymond Cruz, Nikon Instructor Laya Gerlock and Nikon Blogger/Influencer Chuckie Dreyfus during their talks.
January 30 - Destination:
TAAL The Heritage Town
The Grand Lady of BatangasProgram of Activities:
9:00 AM Expected Arrival
Welcoming activities at the La Patria monument (plaza area)
Guests to be led to Escuela Pia/Taal Cultural Center
o Message/Welcome Remarks Mayor Pong Mercado
o TAAL Backgrounder Tourism Officer/BQ
Breakfast/Merienda…featuring the town’s famous delicacies
(Tsokolate, suman, empanada, pancit gisado, and Kapeng Barako.)
10:00 Start of Photowalk (locations…all within the plaza square)
(as assisted by Municipal Tourism Staff)
• Basilica San Martin de Tours/Parish Convent…
• (Portraiture session ….Monsignor Fred Madlangbayan)
• Row of old Houses within the area
• Municipal Building
• Casa Punzalan…embroidery work processes
• Public Market
1:30 Given the group assignments, each to be distributed to the sites
as previously identified…
• White House/Gon Gregorio Agoncillo Mansion
• Villavicencio Ancestral House/The Revolutionary Headquarters
• Caysasay area…Chapel, 125 steps and Wells
Note : Solo model for each of the site stated above
Final Assembly and merienda
4:00 enroute to Manila, quick stop at Balisong Manufacturing Shop (ONA’s)
Crafting processes, Balisong Components and various styles
CANON PHOTO CONTEST at the
PHOTOWORLD ASIA 2017
GLORIETTA MALL, MAKATI CITY
Theme: CELEBRATING 20 YEARS OF CAPTURING PRICELESS MOMENTS WITH CANON
- This photo contest is FREE and open to all photographers (pro, amateur, student or enthusiast) with photos taken using any Canon unit (DSLR, Mirrorless or Point-And Shoot).
- The submission of photo entries should be in JPEG DIGITAL FILE. One (1) photo entry per photographer. No multiple entries. Submitting multiple entries will be automatically disqualified.
- Submission of photo entries is open from January 26 until 3pm of January 27. Entries will not be accepted anymore after 3pm of January 27.
- Submitting the final edited digital file must accompanied by a raw or unedited jpeg file for metafile verification.
- The metafile of the photo entries should not be touched, erased or replaced by any code or names. Only the authorized Canon Specialist can replace the metafile to the photographer’s name during the uploading/submission of the file in the Canon Booth together with the raw or unedited jpeg file.
- All photo contest participants should be a Canon ImageNation member. For non-member, you can register your name at the Canon Booth on the day of your photo submission for FREE.
- Global editing/enhancement only ( Be close to the original look ). No heavy editing. No image manipulation. No edit “in” and “out” of images.
- Submit 8 inches X 12 inches digital file between 1mb and 3mb, 300 dpi size to the Canon Booth during PhotoWorld Asia 2017. Vertical or Horizontal (portrait or landscape) orientation is acceptable.
- Colored only. No Black & White. No sepia. No spot coloring of subject. No duo tone photos.
- No BORDER. It should be full/maximum scale photo within required size.
- No Watermark or any names that will identify the photographer’s name or camera club.
- No obscene, gory or offensive images. No negative message or interpretation that will affect the name of the sponsor, institution and the photographer.
- Top twenty (20) photo finalists will be printed using Canon PIXMA printer and will be displayed during the PhotoWorld Asia Conference 2017 at the Canon Booth, Glorietta, Activity Center, Ayala Mall, Makati.
- The winners will receive the following prizes:
- Grand Prize Winner – 4,000 Starbucks Gift Certificate + Canon Gift Pack & Giveaways + Printed Photo
- 1st Place Winner – 2,500 Starbucks Gift Certificate + Canon Gift Pack & Giveaways + Printed Photo
- 2nd Place Winner – 2,000 Starbucks Gift Certificate + Canon Gift Pack & Giveaways + Printed Photo
- Runner Up Winners – Canon Gifts Packs & Giveaways + Printed Photos + Monopods
15. Announcement of winners will be posted two (2) weeks after PhotoWorld Asia Conference 2017 via Canon ImageNation Website: http://www.canon.com.ph/imagenation
16. Decisions of the judges are honored and final.
17. Photographers retain full copyright over the submitted entries. However, they authorize Canon to use the same in any of its promotional campaign or material without compensation or remuneration, provided the name of the applicable photographer is properly recognized.
18. Prizes should be claimed within 60 days from date of announcement at the 7th Floor, Canon Head Office, PCCI, One Campus Avenue, McKinley Hills, Taguig. Otherwise, the said prize(s) will be void/forfeited. Please call Ms. Rhea Zaldariaga of Lighthouse Events for further inquiries @ (+63) 917-7189497.
FROM CANON PH
#GetMpPowered and learn from traveller Patrick Martin! Join the #CanonPH workshop at Photoworld Asia 2017 on January 29 at the Glorietta Activity Center. Get tips and tricks to make the most of your travels with the Canon EOS M10. See you there!
Get your camera cleaned for FREE! Drop by the Canon Camera Cleaning booth at the Photoworld Asia 2017, Glorietta, Ayala Center on January 27-29, 2017 from 11:00am to 6:00pm. This is just one of the great actitivies in store for you as Canon celebrates 20 years!
Designed for first-time DSLR owners who want impressive results straight out of the box, capture those magic moments no matter your level with the EOS 1300D. With easy to use automatic shooting modes, large 18.0 MP sensor, Canon Camera Connect app integration and feature guide, EOS 1300D is always ready to go.
Get this promos exclusive at Photo World Asia 2017. Visit the Camerahaus booth from January 26-31, 2017 at the activity center, Glorietta Mall.
FROM SONY PHILIPPINES
To Manila-based photographers, grab this opportunity. I will be talking about my recent favorite photos in a short workshop/talk tomorrow, 27 January, from 1:30 to 2:30 PM at Glorietta Activity Center. This is brought to you by Sony Philippines and Photoworld Asia.
Learn to shoot quality videos with your Canon EOS 5D Mark IV from pro videographer Dennis Abad. Catch this exciting workshop from 6pm-8pm on January 27, at the Photoworld Asia Stage. Hit LIKE if you're excited!
Appreciate all that can be achieved with Fujifilm's new medium format mirrorless camera system, GFX. It combines outstanding resolution of 51.4 megapixels with exceptional tones, advanced color reproduction and high-performance lenses.
The photography trade show at the Glorietta Ayala is free and open to the public. The international photographers’ conference at the AIM in Makati requires registration and entrance fee:
Php 3,500.00 – for everybody
Php 3,000.00 – for camera club members, FPPF grads, students, senior citizens and PWD.
Out-of-town photo shoots are separate events not covered by conference fee.